Suggested Age: 13-15 years
Prerequisite: ENGLISH 2, or consent of the instructor based on student’s writing sample.
Suggested Age: 16-17 years
Prerequisites: ENGLISH 3, or consent of the instructor based on student’s writing sample.
Prerequisite: ENGLISH 3 or equivalent, or upon instructor’s approval of writing sample
World Literature LIT
Suggested Age: 17-18
Note: This class may be taken independently, but the student is encouraged to take this in tandem with with World History. These classes coordinate and will provide a fuller educational experience.
Prerequisite: A successful completion of English 4 or equivalent or upon approval of the instructor based on a writing sample.
English 5 Thesis & Rhetoric
Suggested Age: 16-18 years
• ENGLISH 4, or consent of the instructor based on student’s writing sample
• Highly recommended for college-bound seniors
We believe that all students can be successful and proficient at reading, writing, and communicating. We enjoy challenging those students who seem to be natural-born writers, who love to read the classics such as Dickens, and who aspire to a career in writing, journalism, or communications.
We also loveSeeing progress in students who currently read at a lower level than their peers, students who prefer comic books to novels, and those students who may have difficulty constructing a well-written sentence or paragraph. We take pleasure in encouraging students who already enjoy reading and are writing well and those who would benefit from positive classroom interactions such as peer editing, group and class discussions.
All levels of instruction geared to individual needs. We offer the benefits of group discussion of literature as well as social interaction. By meeting our objectives, we hope to lighten the load of the home-educating teacher and lend support in this vital subject.
Skills your student will learn through the One Day Academy English Program
- Basic Grammar
- Mechanics of Writing
- Paragraph Structure
- 5-paragraph Essay
- Literary Analysis
- Research Paper
- Various Literary Genres – (Poetry, Short Story, Novel, Essay, Drama)
- American Literature
- World Literature
English Division Chair
- Books ordered between March 1 - July 31 can be delivered to your teacher and picked up at your regional orientation or the first day of class OR shipped to your home once printing is completed in early August.
- Books ordered on or after August 1 will be mailed to your home once printing is completed. Due to volume and logistics, no pickup arrangements are available for these orders. Due to printing volume, there is no guarantee of availability before classes begin on orders after July 31; however we will do our best to fulfill these orders asap.
Non One Day Academy students:
- Orders will be shipped to your home once printing is completed in August. No pickup arrangements are available for these orders.