SKU: ENGL 1-311
Suggested age: 4 - 7 years.
Prerequisite: a desire to work at a kindergarten or first-grade level.
*This curriculum will not be used by ODA for the 2021-2022 school year
Purpose: The purpose of this class is to introduce students to the basic building blocks of our written language, so they may enjoy reading and writing independently. Specifically, we will:
- Introduce the 70 basic phonograms that make up all words
- Instruct in the use of phonogram knowledge to sound out and read words
- Develop neat penmanship by practicing writing strokes, sounds, and words
- Phonics 1 Course Workbook, by Sarah Hulsey (for use at home)
- 1 set of Spalding Phonogram Cards